- $86,199 to $93,960 salary range plus 9.5% Super
- Permanent Full time
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity is waiting for you to play a key role in protecting and enhancing the urban forest of City of Port Phillip’s iconic streets, foreshore and parklands.
You will be responsible for providing technical expertise and advice on tree management and maintenance to internal and external customers and stakeholders. You will co-ordinate tree programs and collaborate with tree maintenance contractors to effectively resolve tree-related conflict. You will investigate trees in a Planning and Local Laws context and provide appropriate recommendations on matters that affect trees in relation to developments.
Skills and Experience
- The ability to exercise personal judgement within agreed standards and effectively communicate decisions will be critical to your success in this role.
- A suitable tertiary qualification plus five years’ experience in Arboriculture
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation
- Training and development opportunities, study assistance, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, a health and wellbeing program, and a well- regarded Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to Apply
All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in response to the key selection criteria located on the last page of the position description. The Cover Letter should be no longer than 2 pages and include each heading in the Key Selection Criteria.
Note: Only applications submitted via the online Recruitment Portal will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be provided feedback.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Greg Mitchell on 9209 6218.
Applications close midnight Monday 25 January 2021.
The City of Port Phillip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued.
If you have accessibility requirements or require an adjustment to participate in our recruitment and selection process, please email: email@example.com
City of Port Phillip has zero tolerance for child abuse and is a committed Child Safe organisation, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.