Library Children and Youth Team Leader
- Band 5 $70,608 - $82,058 pro rata plus 9.5% Super
- Temporary part-time position (23 hours/week) for 12 months parental leave backfill
- Library branch locations – St Kilda, Albert Park, Middle Park, Port Melbourne and Emerald Hill
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a library team leader to provide team leadership, support new initiatives and contribute to quality service and program delivery for families, children and young people across the City of Port Phillip. The role will also provide excellent customer and information services as part of a dynamic frontline team, across the five branches of the Port Phillip Library Service. This is a twelve-month temporary position based on backfilling parental leave.
- Initiate customer engagement to maximise access to library and Council resources and information
- Resolve library user concerns and queries in a friendly, courteous and well-informed manner
- Actively contribute to the development of children’s and teen collections, including emerging digital resources
- Play a lead role in the design and the running of programs, reader development and the delivery of services for children, young people and parents/carers
- Undertake library branch desk shifts, including a weekly evening and weekends as rostered
Skills and Experience
- Experience in service delivery in an environment that focuses on meeting community expectations through the provision of high-quality information services and programs
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing both physical and electronic resources and collections
- Demonstrated experience with a Windows environment and Microsoft Office
- Librarianship qualification recognised by the ALIA (Australian Library and Information Association), or other relevant qualification and experience in a public library service
- Victorian Driver Licence, Vic Roads Licence Verification Letter
- First Aid certificate (desirable)
Security requirements and professional obligations
Pre-employment screening will apply to all appointments
Prior to a formal letter of offer, preferred applicants will be asked to provide:
- evidence of mandatory qualifications/registrations/licences,
- sufficient proof of their right to work in Australia, and
- sufficient proof of their identity.
Employment of successful candidates will be subject to a National Police Check.
Employment of successful candidates will be subject to evidence of a Working with Children Check (employee type with City of Port Phillip registered as the organisation)
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation.
- Training and development opportunities, study assistance, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, a health and wellbeing program, and a well- regarded Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to Apply
Please visit https://recruitment.portphillip.vic.gov.au to obtain a copy of the position description and to apply.
Only applications submitted online via Job Vacancies at City of Port Phillip website will be considered for external applicants.
- All applicants must provide a cover letter (maximum two pages) in response to the key selection criteria located on the last page of the position description.
- Due to the extensive number of applications received by Council, only shortlisted candidates will be provided feedback.
- Acceptance of late applications is at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Stephanie Tighe, Library Branch Team Leader, via email: Stephanie.Tighe@portphillip.vic.gov.au , or phone: 9209 6645
Applications close midnight Wednesday May 12, 2021
The City of Port Phillip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued.
If you have accessibility requirements or require an adjustment to participate in our recruitment and selection process, please contact Barb Lawrence (HR Business Partner) on 0466 859 533 or email: email@example.com
City of Port Phillip has zero tolerance for child abuse and is a committed Child Safe organisation, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.