Online delivery pick packers
- $37.12 per hour plus 10% Super
- Casual (8 - 16h/w Wed/ Fri / Sat / Sun)
- South Melbourne Market
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more.
South Melbourne Market has been a treasured inner city landmark and a favourite amongst locals and visitors since 1867. It is the quintessential village market, a place where people come not only to purchase fresh food, but to meet, eat, drink, shop, discover, share and connect. It is owned and operated by the City of Port Phillip. South Melbourne Market (SMM) Direct is an online shopping and home delivery service that provides customers with access to participating Market Traders in one easy platform.
About the Role
South Melbourne Market is looking for dynamic pick-packers to help deliver its popular online delivery service, South Melbourne Market Direct. Working as part of a small team, this role will be responsible for ensuring online orders are packed and dispatched according to Market standards and its customer delivery promise.
We currently have a number of roles available as we lead into the peak period of supporting our traders to best service the community into the holiday season. Shifts will be discussed in interview to find out your availability and preferences.
- Start-of-day set up including preparing order boxes, attaching labels and invoices and writing thank you cards.
- Check-in orders from SMM Direct Market Traders.
- Pack customer orders and prepare boxes for collection delivery provider.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with order fulfilment, warehousing or logistics
- The ability to work in physical role and lift boxes (up to 15kg).
- Self-starter who can work well in a team and autonomously
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation.
Security Requirements and Professional Obligations
Pre-employment screening will apply to all appointments.
Prior to a formal letter of offer, preferred applicants will be asked to provide:
- Evidence of mandatory qualifications/registrations/licences
- Sufficient proof of their right to work in Australia
- Sufficient proof of their identity
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Complete a National Police Check completed via City of Port Phillip’s Provider.
- Evidence of a Working with Children Check (employee type with City of Port Phillip registered as the organisation).
- A valid Victorian Drivers Licence
How to Apply
All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in response to the key selection criteria located on the last page of the position description. The Cover Letter should be no longer than 2 pages and include each heading in the Key Selection Criteria.
Note: Only applications submitted via the online Recruitment Portal will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be provided feedback.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Erin Quin, Coordinator Customer Experience and Business Support on phone 03 9209 6887
Applications close 11.59pm Sunday 28th of November 2021
The City of Port Phillip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued.
If you have accessibility requirements or require an adjustment to participate in our recruitment and selection process, please contact David Crichton (HR Business Partner- Recruitment) on phone:0466 859 533 or email: email@example.com