Engagement Advisor – Strategy Development
- Salary Range Band 7 $101,791- $113,909 plus 10.5% Super (pro rata if part time)
- 2 year full time opportunity with option for 0.8FTE
- Shape the engagement strategy at Port Phillip
- Located at St Kilda Town Hall with flexible working arrangements
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more. City of Port Phillip has zero tolerance for child abuse and is a committed Child Safe organisation.
About the Role
Our team is expanding and we’re looking for passionate and experienced engagement professionals to help us deliver inclusive, meaningful and responsive engagement programs.
In this position, you will work with other team members to refine engagement practices and processes, taking the lead in embedding best practice in engagement and reporting across Council. You will also lead two other engagement professionals to deliver quality outcomes for our community.
Our Stakeholder Engagement Team plays an important role in helping to bring the many voices of our community to ensure decisions are based on need and aspirations. This is a chance for you to help shape Port Phillip’s facilities, services, amenities and planning, contributing to a liveable and vibrant city that enhances the wellbeing our of community. Supporting our community, at times out of standard business hours.
- Refine engagement practices and processes around Council
- Establish new internal initiatives to support best practice
- Develop and refine templates and tools
- Guide the work of the Engagement Officer as well as the Engagement and Reporting Officer
- Advise, plan, implement and report on engagement projects, where required
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or significant relevant experience
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Community engagement and reporting experience
- Able to work flexibly within a team environment
- Certification in IAP2 practices and experience in local government highly desirable
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation.
- Training and development opportunities, study assistance, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, a health and wellbeing program, and a well- regarded Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Security Requirements and Professional Obligations
Pre-employment screening will apply to all appointments.
Prior to a formal letter of offer, preferred applicants will be asked to provide:
- Evidence of mandatory qualifications/registrations/licences,
- Sufficient proof of their right to work in Australia, and
- Sufficient proof of their identity.
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination or valid medical exemption in line with City of Port Phillip Vaccination Policy
- Complete a National Police Check completed via City of Port Phillip’s Provider.
- Evidence of a Working with Children Check (employee type with City of Port Phillip registered as the organisation).
How to Apply
All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in response to the key selection criteria located on the last page of the position description. The Cover Letter should be no longer than 2 pages and include each heading in the Key Selection Criteria.
Note: Only applications submitted via the online Recruitment Portal will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be provided feedback.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Monique Cosgrove, Head of Stakeholder Engagement on phone 0412 434 418 or email Monique.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11.59pm Sunday 18 June 2023
The City of Port Phillip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued. We actively welcome and encourage candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, First Nation and Torres Strait Islander candidates, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and candidates with a disability.
If you have accessibility requirements or require an adjustment to participate in our recruitment and selection process, please contact David Crichton (Recruitment & Employee Experience Lead) on 0466 859 533 or email: email@example.com